Last Updated: 10.20.15
Your information and how our Site makes use of it
Our Site may collect up to two kinds of information: personal (such as your name and e-mail address) and aggregate information (such as the number of users who log on to the Site on a daily basis). As a general policy, no personally identifiable information is automatically collected from your visit to our Site. However, if you choose to participate in any promotional, e-commerce, or interactive activities offered on the Site, you may be asked to provide us with some specific information about yourself (“Personal Information”). When you set up an account on the Site, or purchase an item from the Site, we collect Personal Information (which you provide) that may include your: (i) first and last name, age and gender; (ii) billing address; (iii) shipping address; (iv) other shipping addresses; (v) email address; (vi) phone number; (vii) credit card or PayPal account number; (viii) items purchased from us; and (ix) browsing and buying patterns. You can change or update your Personal Information on the website by changing your account information. The Personal Information you submit will be used to carry out your requests, respond to your inquiries, and to notify you (if applicable) regarding any promotions. Your Personal Information may also be used by us and our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, joint venturers, sponsors and/or partners (“Affiliated Third Parties”) to provide you with additional services. We will not share your Personal Information with entities that are not Affiliated Third Parties unless you give us express permission to do so by opting-in at the point where we ask for such permission.
From time to time, we may collect general statistical or aggregate information. Such information can include the type of browsers being used (e.g., Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, Firefox), the operating system you are using (e.g., Windows 7, Vista, or Mac OS), the number of users that visit a specific page on the Site and the character and duration of such visits. This information may be used to help analyze Site traffic and improve our services. At no point, however, will the aggregated information personally identify you.
We reserve the right to disclose any personal or aggregate information if required to do so by law, including compliance with legal process served on Genie Beauty, or if we believe that such action is necessary in order to (a) to protect or defend the legal rights or property of Genie Beauty, the Site, or its users; or (b) in an emergency to protect the health and safety of the Site's users or the general public.
You should refer to the rest of this Policy to see how we use, disclose and protect this information:
Information You Give Us
We collect information you give us when you use our Site. Examples include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Automatically Collected Information. We automatically receive certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, when you visit the Site, our systems automatically collect your IP address and the type of browser you use. Information may be automatically collected through the use of “cookies” which are discussed in more detail below. We may also collect information about your browsing behavior, such as IP address information, entry and exit points for the Site, search terms, website addresses you visit, page views, and impressions.
This website is intended for use by individuals who are 18 years of age or older. Accordingly, Genie Beauty does not knowingly, directly or passively, collect information from individuals under the age of 18. If we create offers and products that make it appropriate to collect information from individuals under the age of 18, we will notify you of the change in this Policy.
Use of Personal Information
Internal Use of Personal Information
In general, we use Personal Information internally to serve our users or customers, to enhance and extend our customer and user relationships so our users or customers may take maximum advantage of our products and services. For example, by understanding how you use our Site from your computer, we are able to customize and personalize your experience. More specifically, we use Personal Information to provide services or to anticipate and resolve problems with our Site, or to respond to customer support inquiries, and to create and inform you of new products or services from Genie Beauty or others that may better meet your needs. You should review the following section to understand when Genie Beauty discloses Personal Information to non-affiliated third parties.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies, except in those instances when we have your previous consent to do so. The following section describes these disclosure circumstances more fully.
- Internal Analysis. We may use information about you for our own internal statistical, design, or operational purposes, such as to estimate our audience size, measure aggregate traffic/bandwidth patterns as well as to understand demographic or content interest, and other trends among our users. We may outsource these tasks to third parties; however, the third parties may not use or disclose your Personal Information for any other purposes.
- Marketing Purposes: In the event that we obtain your prior consent to do so, we may disclose your Personal Information to third parties so they can inform you about their content, products, or services. While you may choose not to receive direct marketing information from third parties, you will continue to receive marketing, promotional, and other information from us.
- Our Affiliates: Personal as well as aggregate information may be shared with our corporate affiliates and stored on equipment and facilities that we share with such affiliates. In such an event we will keep all information collected from this Site logically separate from other information stored by such affiliates on such equipment.
- Business Transfers: Information about our users and the Site is one of our most important business assets. Therefore, information about our users, including personal information, will be disclosed as part of any merger or acquisition, creation of a separate business to provide the Site with content, the sale or pledge of company assets as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which Personal Information would be transferred as one of the business assets of the company.
- Protection of Genie Beauty and Others: As referenced above, we release personal information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law (e.g., a lawful subpoena, warrant or court order); to enforce or apply our policies; to protect our rights or property, or to protect our users from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use of, our Site; or if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires disclosure of communications or justifies disclosure of records without delay.
Security of Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of Personal Information in our custody and control. We also are committed to employing reasonable technology in order to protect the security of our Site. However, even with the best technology, no Site is 100% secure. We will take reasonable measures which we believe are appropriate to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction, and, where possible, will ask that any third parties to whom we may transfer such information to take comparable steps to protect that security.
Third Party Websites
Please be aware that we provide links to third party websites from the Site as a service to our guests and we are not responsible for the content or information collection practices of those sites. Please also note that these websites' privacy policies will differ from those of Genie Beauty. Therefore, we encourage your to review and understand their privacy practices before providing them with information.
Network and Information Security
You should be aware that Genie Beauty has no control over the security of other websites on the Internet that you might visit, interact with, or from which you buy products or services.
Updating this Policy
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
As you browse geniebeauty.com, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partner, AdRoll, then enables us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with geniebeauty.com. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address or telephone number. You can visit this page (http://www.
Information Collection, Use, and SharingWe are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
Your Access to and Control Over InformationYou may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
• See what data we have about you, if any.
• Change/correct any data we have about you.
• Have us delete any data we have about you.
• Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
SecurityWe take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this Policy, please contact email@example.com. Or you can send us mail to: Claystill, Inc. 3712 Cerritos Avenue, Los Alamitos, CA 90720.