7 Tips to Surviving the Rest of Summer!
I thought everyone might need a little boost to make it through to the end of summer. Here are Seven tips to help you keep your cool for the remainder of the summer . . .
1) Remember Sunscreen-I know this sounds obvious but I want to remind you because it is the number one reason why your skin wrinkles, becomes splotchy and discolored, and looks like a dried up sponge! This is one of my top “secrets” to having younger-looking skin–I wear SPF 50 underneath all my makeup. There is no such thing as a “safe” tan or a “little color”. When your skin changes color it is in response to damage. This is the one I use
2) IF you want to add some color to your skin . . .go for a walk, walk your dogs, do some yoga ! (this will help bring blood into your cheeks give you some natural “color” and bring more oxygen to your skin cells which equals healthier looking skin), use self tanner OR use Genie Make Me Blush all over like you would a bronzer! OR try our Glowgetters Illuminating Bronzing powder (three shades: bronze, coral and pink)
3) Put your eye cream in the fridge! This will not damage the ingredients or performance and will feel like a spa treatment when you apply morning and night.
4) Try switching your foundation (I know this sounds scary but we can make it easy for you). Switch from a liquid to a powder– try Nutratanicals Antixodiant Foundation in the summer. What’s particularly great about Nutratanicals is that it is water- resistant, sweat-proof and has a natural SPF 15 in it. The shades are super forgiving and if you really need some help color matching– shoot us an email and we will send you out a swatch card with a little sample of all of our shades.
5) Stop the shine! At the very least use a transparent, finishing powder to mattify your skin. The best part about this product is that it is invisible on your skin, does not emphasize lines and wrinkles (it is a Genie product after all) AND it does not build up on your skin with multiple applications. It’s the quickest, easiest way to look “finished” without a lot of work. Also it’s a great product to use to set your makeup. If you are using liquid foundation – it’s the best way to make sure there is no “meltdown” occurring during this last hot month!
6) You’ve heard that tea bags help reduce puffiness (so does Genie Instant Line Smoother) but if you are DIY girl and want to try a little spa treatment at home I love this idea of creating green tea ice cubes and using them to relax and refresh your eyes. (Just remember to put a napkin between your skin and the ice cube so you don’t burn your skin.) To get started, click here.
7) Here a cute and easy way to get your hair up off of your neck for an easy, breezy cute summer style (the model in this video is Wendy our Customer Service SuperStar)
Here’s to staying Flawless and Fabulous (and cool!)
Share on Social